All About Baggage
|Permitted Baggage||Prohibited Items||Charges for Excess Baggage||Problems with Your Baggage|
It must not exceed a maximum weight of 3 kg (FAIRCHILD METRO M-23).
It must not exceed a maximum weight of 5 kg (BOMBARDIER CRJ-200).
It must not exceed the measurements of: 30 cm. X 20 cm. X 27 cm.
It must not exceed a maximum weight of 20 kg. for adults and 10 Kg for children between 2 to 12 years old.
|ITEMS PROHIBITED IN CHECKED BAGGAGE AND FREIGHT|
DECLARE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR BAGGAGE.
Amaszonas S.A. is not responsible for items not declared in the checked baggage and for carry-on baggage.
Amaszonas S.A. limits its liability in the following cases:
- Detachment of wheels, handles, belts and badges.
- Damage to the extension mechanism of the handle.
- Stains and scratches.
- Small cracks and dents.
- Broken zippers and seams.
Amaszonas S.A. pursuant to the aviation regulation is not liable for loss and/or damage to electrical appliances, fragile items, money, medicine, jewelry, cell phones and documents in general, which must always remain in custody of the passenger within their carry-on baggage.
All baggage carried in the hold and cabin of the aircraft is checked at each airport for the safety of all passengers.
Items Absolutely Prohibited
It is absolutely forbidden to transport dangerous goods in the hold and cabin of the aircraft, considering that these are items that may put health, safety, property or the environment at risk. If you do not declare these items, you infringe upon the regulations of civil aviation.
Items not allowed as carry-on baggage
Weapons, sharp elements, liquids, gel and aerosols may only be carried in the hold of the aircraft and the airport security personnel will confiscate these if you enter with them into the cabin of the aircraft.
To comply with this regulation, the process of inspection for carry-on baggage differs between airports. In some cases, this is carried out by local authority (point of security in the access to pre-boarding lounges) or by security personnel of our company at the boarding gate of the flight.
Weapons and sharp items
Refers to any element used to cut, metal nail files and clippers, needles or knitting sticks, tools, among others.
Firearms may be transported in the hold of the aircraft, but must previously be declared and discharged. Failure to do so is an infringement on the regulations of civil aviation.
Liquids, gels and aerosols
The following are not allowed: aerosols, or containers with liquids (such as perfumes), gel, liqueurs, creams or products of similar consistency (such as deodorants sticks, lipstick, toothpaste, etc.). These items will be retained and will not be returned.
Exceptionally, it will be permitted to transport drugs (in which case it is possible to request a prescription certifying the use for the passenger during the flight) and baby food (provided minors are travelling) or dietetics (provided these are for use during the flight and that the quantities are in accordance to the duration of the flight, in which case it is possible to request proof of its authenticity).
Charges for Excess Baggage
The transport of all excess baggage is subject to the availability of free space and prior payment of the tariff set per kilogram.
Problems with Your Baggage
We hope that you never have to read this page, but in case you encounter trouble with your baggage, we provide you here with all the information so that you have knowledge of what to do.
If you can't find your baggage
- If you forgot an item on board the cabin, go to the airport counters of Amaszonas S.A. and report what happened to the staff on duty.
- If it did not appear in area of baggage arrival of the airport, contact Amaszonas S.A. staff at the destination airport along with your passport, ticket and proof of baggage and provide information about the features of your baggage: color, form, content , etc.
If the baggage has not been found during the first 7 days, your report will be transferred to the Claims Central of AMASZONAS S.A. where specialized personnel will contact you. This process requires an additional time of 8 days, however all effort is made to return your baggage.
If your baggage is damaged
If your baggage is received at the airport with damages greater to those typically caused by daily use, you must do the following:
- Contact the personnel from Amaszonas S.A. before leaving the area of baggage arrival.
- Amaszonas S.A. does not accept liability for fragile or perishable items, nor for minor damages caused by normal transfer of baggage, such as: scratches, dents, cuts, stains, normal wear and tear, damages caused by excess of weight or content and loss of external elements (handles, straps, pockets, hooks or parts attached to the baggage).
- Amaszonas S.A. does not accept liability for any damages that occur as result of inspections by Airport Management.